The rules of the tournament will be those governed by the FIBA except in the following:
- The duration of each match will consist of 4 quarters of 8 minutes each, and in case of a tie after regulation, there will be a an overtime time of 3 minutes.
- The duration of timeouts will be of 45 seconds and each team will only be allowed once in each period.
- Since this is a tournament in which a lot of games will be played and time is limited, technical fouls will be signaled when a player takes more than 5 seconds in putting the ball in play when there is any interruption in play (fouls, throw-ins, etc.).. With respect to fouls, both team fouls and personal fouls will be called.
- 5 personal fouls are allowed per player.
- In no case, disrespectful and unsportsmanlike attitudes towards the referee and the person in charge of timekeeping and score (table official) will be tolerated. There will be only 2 referees per qualifying match and 2 referees for Final match, therefore total respect for the referee and his/her decisions will be demanded.
- Referees have the authority to stop time at any moment during the game, due to injury or any type of incident.
Each team will have a maximum of 12 players each. Only one coach and two aids can sit on the bench. All player substitutions must be made when the ball is out of play (dead ball) or when the time is stopped due to any circumstance of the game, and must be asked for previously.
Men’s Basketball Competition
Number of Groups: 2
Number of teams per group: 5 (maximum)
Women’s Basketball Competition
NUMBER OF GROUPS: 2
NUMBER OF TEAMS PER GROUP: 4 (maximum)
The classification criteria will be in terms of matches won and lost. In case of a tie in matches won and lost between teams, the following criteria will be used:
In first place: Point Average (Point difference for and against during the league).
In second place: Number of points in favor of the team (Total points scored during all matches).
In the next round, the games disputed will be semifinals, 3rd place, and the final.
In case of tie in any of these matches, an extra period of 3 minutes extendable in 3 minutes more once the first extra period finishes and the tie continues. The extra times will continue until one of the teams wins the match.
Participants must know the “Official Basketball Rules” and abide by them.
Participants must accept referees’ decisions with sportsmanlike conduct, without disputing them.
In case of doubt, clarification may be requested only through the game captain.
Participants must refrain from actions or attitudes aimed at influencing the decisions of the referees or covering up faults committed by their team.
Participants must behave respectfully and courteously in the spirit of FAIR PLAY, not only towards the referees, but also towards other officials, the opponent, team-mates and spectators.
Communication between team members during the match is permitted.
*We have reserved the rights to change any competition system depending of participation.
**Head of every delegation must fill in a “Legal aspect” letter.